Tuesday, July 23, 2013

"A lot of photographers think that if they buy a better camera they’ll be able to take better photographs. A better camera won’t do a thing for you if you don’t have anything in your head or in your heart." – Arnold Newman

One of my favorite things when to do when I am bored is edit pictures. I especially love it when someone sends me a picture to edit for them. I don't really know why I enjoy it, but it gives me something to focus on for a while. 


When I see an incredible image, I almost immedietly pull out my iPhone or camera and take a picture. 

(I took this on the way home from school one day)

I may never do an image justice. And I never expect to make money off of a picture I take. But they hold a special memory of a time that I thought something was especially beautiful. 


Sometimes, when someone sends me a picture, I ask them why they took the picture. Most of the time, it's because they liked what they saw. Sometimes it's because the image is something they love. I love hearing these stories, and I always take that into consideration when I edit their picture. 




            
              (Taken by Kate Sander)
 
              (Taken by Makenzie Kelly) 


Photography inspires me to always have a beautiful outlook on life. Each picture is always different for each person. A picture can be worth a thousand words or a thousand smiles. 




No comments:

Post a Comment