Saturday, July 13, 2013

"There is hope for the future because God has a sense of humor and we are funny to God." - Bill Cosby

I started school at Cheyenne in 7th grade. I knew of most of my classmates, but I didn't really personally know them. Within the first few weeks, I fit in pretty well, but I still was always quiet and preferred sitting in the back. 

I started noticing that this one kid would drop his books every single day. One day, I made some sort of sarcastic remark to him about it, and after that, we became good friends. 


Mason is the funniest kid I know. Period. The only times there are dullmoments around him are when you need to calm down from laughing so much.

He was the Student Council President, and I was the VP for 3 years. During last year's awards assembly, our StuCo advisor said it best:
 
"These two work well together. Both have ideas, and they both are not afraid to tell each other how stupid his or her ideas are." 

I've learned how easy it is to work with someone with the same vision as I; however, it's way more fun to work with someone who's ideas contradict. That way, you can work together to come up with an extraordinary compromise - for the most part. 


Mason and I have been together through 6 first day of school assemblies, 12 choir and band concerts, 6 honor choir concerts, 9 One Act performances, hundreds of classes, an 8th grade graduation, 6 end of school assemblies, a high school graduations, and way more other things than I could write. We can debate over American Idol for hours. Mason has learned that no matter what side he takes in a situation, I will always argue the other side. 

Mason inspires me because he challenges me to see the positive and humorous side of things. I cannot wait to see what this kid does in the future. 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment